Vanessa G. Nelson
VP of Membership/
VP of Finance/
Elite HR Hot Topics!
The Supreme Court, in a 5-4 ruling, ruled that a public-sector labor union can’t force nonmembers to pay dues. Teri Denning, Attorney will discuss this matter at our next Elite HR Professionals meeting on September 20, 2018. Please save the date, September 20, 8:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
Elite HR Professionals Association is dedicated to promoting the professional development and growth of our members by providing educational and networking opportunities. Our goal is to raise the standards of performance of human resources professionals; to advance the interests of practitioners of the human resource profession; and to provide opportunities to share experiences and ideas.
What We Do
- Robust educational meetings, seminars, and workshops, with quality speakers; to keep members current and compliant with new and changing laws and regulations that may affect their organizations.
- Opportunities to network and exchange ideas and best practices. Opportunities for members to be a part of the advocacy regarding bills and laws that may be detrimental to the organization or that may benefit the organization.
- Resources to assist HR professionals with HR administration processes. Online posting of open positions to assist members with their recruitment efforts.
- Outreach to diverse groups and college students to ensure they have the tools they need to succeed in human resources.
- Outreach to college students to encourage human resources careers and certification.
- Events and fundraisers to promote human resources and to help improve the community.
- Field trips to other chapters and HR to expand networking opportunities.