To be an integral component to the efficient and effective process of delivering quality busses, timely and as contracted; by ensuring appropriate direction and supervision of staff.
Under minimal supervision, the Production Supervisor plans, directs, delegates, and coordinates work activities of staff on the production floor, in a manufacturing and reassembly environment. Ensures continuous quality improvement and assigns functions that deliver rehabilitated busses, which meet all company cost, quality, contractual, and quantity requirements.
Performance Responsibilities – Essential Functions (Not inclusive, other duties may be assigned)
- Supervises staff and monitors work flow. Directs staff and schedules work flow in appropriate chronological order.
- Accomplishes goals by communicating job expectations and goals; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; conducting performance management; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing Midwest Bus policies, procedures, and processes.
- Ensures contract requirements are followed appropriately.
- Ensures staff is equiped with proper safety equipment, tools, and other needed/required items.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement.
- Ensure “kits” are proper and in order.
- Maintains safe work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of equipment, and resources; performs accident investiations; maintains compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains working relationship with all staff of the organization.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Makes employment decisions. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Promotes and builds good working relationships with staff of Midwest Bus. Embraces mission. Works with team; assists whenever and wherever needed/required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis on business management and two (2) years related experience; or
- At least three (3) years of experience in management of a production environment or related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time