1. To uncover costly issues before they become unmanageable; such as harassment, FMLA mistakes, employee classification issues, employee pay inequities, hiring violations, bullying, inconsistencies in disciplines, etc.
2. To help ensure compliance with important HR regulations. HR audit services can help you ensure you’re avoiding any potential fines or penalties.
3. To stay up-to-date with the latest employment laws and trends. The business world is changing rapidly, including the laws that govern human resources departments. Employing HR audit services can ensure that you’re up-to-date on the general business trends that could impact your organization.
4. To analyze and reduce employee turnover; as well as facilitate morale improvement.
5. To improve organizational structure and update employee handbooks, job descriptions. An employee handbook is a foundational element for businesses just starting out. As your company grows and evolves, an HR audit can help you re-assess job descriptions in the same way you evaluate finances and budgets.